As season two of the brilliant tv show, The Crown, comes to Netflix, we invite one to test one’s knowledge of the royal family.
👑 Question 1. Which was not a name of one of Queen Elizabeth’s corgis?
A) Monty B) Sherry
C) Oxo D) Emma
Fun fact: The Queen’s corgis are carried off of her private plan after travel.
🇬🇧Question 2. Which of the following buildings is not a royal residence?
👑 Question 3. At what age did age did Queen Elizabeth announce that she would no longer answer to the name Lizbet?
A) 11 B) 13
C) 15 D) 18
🇬🇧Question 4. Which cocktail does the queen drink every day?
A) A Cosmopolitan B) Rum Punch
C) Pim’s Cup D) Gin and Dubonnet
👑 Question 5. Which country has the queen never visited?
A) Japan B) Greece
C) Nepal D) Ireland
🇬🇧Question 6. In what outfit did the then 3-year-old Prince George meet President and Mrs. Obama?
A) A soldier’s uniform B) A Superman cape
C) A robe and slippers D) A dress
👑 Question 7. How much did Princess Charlotte’s yellow sweater, worn in a birthday portrait taken by her mother Kate Middleton, cost? (In dollars, not pounds)
A) $23 B) $47
C) $112 D) $242
🇬🇧Question 8. Which of the queen’s children has never been divorced?
👑Question 9. Who did Margot Robbie think Prince Harry was when they first met?
A) Kit Harrington B) Ed Sheeran
C) Prince William D) Chris Martin
🇬🇧Question 10. At what ages did Charles and Diana respectively, marry?
A) 32 and 19 B) 41 and 18
C) 26 and 42 D) 30 and 29
- Answer: C) Oxo — This is a bit of a trick question because though the Queen did not have a corgi called Oxo, she did have a cocker spaniel called Oxo. Read this fantastic wikipedia page about the queen’s corgis, appropriately called “Queen Elizabeth’s Corgis,” here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Elizabeth%27s_corgis
- Answer: B) Blenheim Palace — Blenheim is the home to the Dukes of Marlborough (who are very closely related to Winston Churchill). It is the only non-royal residence which carries the title of palace.
- Answer: B) 13 — Apparently, at 13 Elizabeth made a grand declaration that she would only answer to Elizabeth from now on.
- Answer: D) Gin and Dubonnet — The Queen drinks a lot, like a lot a lot. Like three drinks before breakfast a lot. Besides her Gin and Dubonnet, she drinks a glass of champagne before bed, a dry gin martini in the evening, and wine at lunch. Of course she drinks her gin and dubonnet in the morning.
- Answer: B) Greece — Due to complex international relationships relating to the Queen’s husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, who was born a prince of Greece, the Queen is not allowed to visit Greece. Fun fact! For similar reasons, she also has never visited Israel
- Answer: C) A robe and slippers — Prince George famously deigned to visit the Obamas while he was about to go to bed. He wore a robe and slippers.
- Answer: A) $23 — Charlotte wore a $23, that’s right $23, sweater from English high street chain, John Lewis. However, when the pictures were released, the sweater sold out instantly.
- Answer: B) Prince Edward — Edward and his wife, Sophie, have been happily married since 1999 and have two children. Edward is also the youngest of the Queen’s children.
- Answer: B) Ed Sheeran — Actress Margot Robbie confused the two famous gingers when she and Harry first met at a party in London. The two are now good friends.
- Answer: A) 32 and 19 — Charles was almost thirteen years older than Diana when the two married. Interestingly, Kate Middleton and Prince William are almost exactly the same age, with Kate being a few months older (well they did meet in college after all).